Statement of code of ethics for publication is a statement of code of ethics for all parties involved in the process publications in the e-journal of Development Economics, namely managers, editors, peer reviewers, and writers. Statement this code of ethics for scientific publications is based on the Committee on Publication Ethics which has been adopted in the Regulation of the Head of LIPI Number 5 of 2014 concerning the Code of Ethics for Scientific Publications.
This ethical statement of scientific publications is a statement of the code of ethics of all parties involved in the process of publishing this scientific journal, namely the manager, editor, peer reviewer, and author. Code of Ethics Scientific publications essentially uphold three ethical values in publications, namely (i) Neutrality, which is freedom from conflicts of interest in the management of publications; (ii) Justice, namely giving rights authorship to those who are entitled as authors; and (III) Honesty, who is free from duplication, fabrication, falsification, and plagiarism in publications.
Duties and Responsibilities of Journal Manager
- Determine the name of the journal, scientific scope, periodicity, and accreditation if necessary.
- Determine the membership of the editorial board.
- Defines the relationship between publishers, editors, review partners, and other parties in a contract.
- Appreciate confidential matters, whether for contributing researchers, writers, editors, as well as bestari partners.
- Implement norms and provisions regarding intellectual property rights, particularly copyrights.
- Review the journal's policies and submit them to the authors, the editorial board, peer reviewers, and reader.
- Create a code of conduct guidelines for editors and review partners.
- Publish journals regularly.
- Ensure the availability of funding sources for the sustainability of journal publications.
- Building a network of cooperation and marketing; and
- Prepare permits and other legal aspects.
Duties and Responsibilities of Journal Editor
- Meeting the needs of readers and writers.
- Strive to improve the quality of publications on an ongoing basis.
- Implement processes to ensure the quality of published papers.
- Prioritizing freedom of opinion objectively.
- Maintaining the integrity of the author's academic track record.
- Submit corrections, clarifications, withdrawals, and apologies if necessary.
- Responsible for the style and format of the written work, while the content and all statements in the the written work is the responsibility of the author;
- Actively solicit opinions from writers, readers, reviewers, and members of the editorial board for improve the quality of publications;
- Encouraging an assessment of the journal if there are findings.
- Support initiatives to reduce research and publication errors by soliciting authors attach an ethical clearance form that has been approved by the ethical clearance commission.
- Support initiatives to educate researchers about publication ethics.
- Reviewing the effects of publication policies on the attitudes of authors and reviewers and improving them to increase responsibility and reduce errors.
- Have an open mind to new opinions or other people's views that may be contrary to personal opinion.
- Do not defend your own opinion, the author, or third parties which may result in decisions are not objective; and
- Encouraging writers to improve their written work so that it is worthy of publication.
Duties and Responsibilities of Bestari Partners (Peer-Reviewer)
- Received an assignment from the editor to review the written work and submit the study to editor as a material for determining the feasibility of a written work to be published.
- Not reviewing written works that involve him, either directly or indirectly.
- Maintain the confidentiality of the author by not disseminating the results of corrections, suggestions, and recommendations on the manuscripts he has reviewed.
- Encourage writers to improve their manuscripts.
- Review the written work that has been corrected in accordance with predetermined standards; and
- Review the manuscript in a timely manner in accordance with the style of the journal environment and based on the rules scientific (data collection methods, author's legality, drawing conclusions, etc.).
Duties and Responsibilities of the Author
- Ensure that those who are included in the list of authors meet the criteria as authors.
- Be collectively responsible for the work and content of manuscripts/articles which include methods, analysis, calculations and details.
- State the origin of the resources (including funding), either directly or indirectly.
- Explain the limitations of the research.
- Respond to comments made by bestari partners in a professional and timely manner.
- Inform the editor if he will withdraw his written work; and
- Make a statement that the written work submitted for publication is original, not yet has been published anywhere in any language, and is not in the process of being submitted to another publisher.